From: Jamie Smart
Please find below details of the "12-week Coaching Immersion (TRACK: The Career Change Blueprint aka Project Jupiter)”
It's pretty in-depth (it’s a 20-minute read), so I suggest you pour yourself a mug of something delicious then find yourself a comfy chair 🙂 Let me know what you think. Speak soon! Best, Jamie
First, let me tell you how I came up with that mysterious name, “Project Jupiter”. Jupiter is the largest planet in our solar system, and it’s enormous. Jupiter’s diameter is 88,695 miles around, and so big that you could fit over a thousand Planet Earths inside it. It’s formed almost entirely of gas, but with a core made of a mysterious substance. Scientists don’t know what Jupiter’s core is, but what we do know is that the planet has a gravitational pull two and a half times as powerful as that on Earth. This means that to jump even a few feet high would take more than twice as much power as it does here on Earth. (If you want to get a feel for what that’s like, picture someone you know who’s 50% heavier than you, then imagine jumping up and down with them sitting on your shoulders. Pretty intense, huh?)
And how is this relevant to you? Here’s how. Back in the early 1990s, my close friends and I were working as full-time employees. We enjoyed many of the challenges and benefits of our work, but we could see the obvious limitations of having a job, and dreamed of doing something different. My friends and I craved the fulfilment, freedom and adventure of working for ourselves and ’doing our own thing’, as well as the rewards we knew it could bring. But there was a problem…
We used to say that trying to leave paid employment was like trying to leave the Planet Jupiter on a rocket ship. It really felt like the ‘gravitational pull’ of employment was unbelievably strong. It seemed like it would take a supreme effort to reach the ‘escape velocity’ you’d need to get away far enough and for long enough to avoid getting sucked back into its orbit.
But here’s something that used to bother me. Every few years, one of our colleagues would announce that they were actually doing it; they were handing in their notice and heading out to follow their heart. Some of them became contractors. Some of them set up as sole practitioners. Some of them started their own businesses. Some of them created enviable lifestyles. Some of them became very wealthy. And later, they would all say the same kind of thing: “It’s the best move I ever made. Why don’t you do it? You’ve got what it takes. Go for it!”
But here’s the strangest thing of all. Despite their encouragement, I knew that I couldn’t do it. I knew there was something different about me; that those people had something I didn’t have. It was like they had “do your own thing” DNA and I had “paid employment” DNA. And this seemed so “true” and fundamental that I didn’t even question it. And it turns out that I was right, but not in the way I expected. You see…
We’ve all been conditioned for a manufacturing economy. Our educational institutions, social structures and habitual ways of thinking were developed to prepare us for a bygone era of smokestacks, whistles and assembly-lines. But things are changing fast. Digital technology is rapidly creating a hyper-connected world where many of the old rules don’t apply; a world of big threats and massive opportunities, where many of our old ways of thinking are outdated, irrelevant or even dangerous. Here’s a recent example:
In my Sunday Times bestselling book RESULTS: Think Less, Achieve More, I told the story of Christina Moi. Christina was an office-worker who was passionate about becoming a nutritionist, but was afraid to leave the perceived safety and security of her job. She was speaking to me because she doubted her ability to do the work she loved, and was gripped by ‘fraud’ feelings, with a sense of unworthiness and ‘who am I to do this?’ She was also terrified at the thought of failure and criticism.
During our session, we did some research and discovered that her office-work was high on the list of jobs most likely to be automated, while transformation professions such as “nutritionist”, “coach” and “therapist” were among the least likely to be replaced by a computer. I told her, “Feeling safe because they’ve been paying your salary until now is like a turkey feeling safe on Christmas Eve because they’ve been feeding it until now!” Christina realised that her outdated illusion of “job security” was actually putting her in a less secure position! She decided to take responsibility for her results and take action. She stepped out of her comfort zone, and has since transitioned to being a nutritionist.
And here’s the thing: When someone transitions to making their living doing what they love, it’s easy to see the results of that transition. Why? Because the results are visible. We flick through Facebook and Instagram photos showing them flying business-class, doing luxury retreats or writing their blog on their laptop by the swimming pool. Their results can be impressive, but we don’t tend to think about the transformations they’ve gone through to get where they are. And the reason we don’t think about those is because (unlike the results), these transformations are largely invisible. And it’s by going through these transformations that you’re able to…
- Find the right direction for yourself, something that’s aligned with who you really are. This enables you to get a clear sense of exactly what you want to do, so you can start making progress on exactly how you’re going to do it.
- Awaken your inner source of security and certainty. This is what allows you to feel confident and centred as you move away from “job security” (when the time is right), without freaking out.
- Hone your sense of wisdom and intuition, strengthening your decision-making-muscles as you move forward. Your success is built on the quality of your decisions, so you’re going to be waking up your “transition sat-nav” to help guide you as you move into new territory.
- Tap in to the source of resilience, motivation and momentum. This is what helps you overcome obstacles, rebound after setbacks and harness the persistence you need complete your transition.
- Increase your tolerance for taking calculated risks, braving failure and handling criticism (these are just a few of the qualities of authentic leadership that you’re going to be developing.)
- Develop the big 3 future-skills: Social intelligence, creativity and perceptiveness. These are the essential qualities that are the most difficult to automate, and that can make you and your new venture ‘future-proof’.
- Take a healthy responsibility for yourself and your results. It turns out that the world of employment unconsciously conditions us for a “passive-reactive” relationship to life. If you’ve ever heard someone say “it hasn’t happened yet” with regard to their transition, you know what I’m talking about. The move from “passive-reactive” to “proactive-responsible” is one of the most important shifts you can have.
- Supercharge your creative process, and awaken your true nature as a results-creator. In the final analysis, we each get rewarded in relation to the results we create, and the value we bring to others. As you embrace your ability to make things happen, your confidence in the value you bring will increase dramatically.
- Develop a new relationship with money, wealth and abundance that allows you to break free of salary-thinking and start making bigger jumps in your income (most people don’t realise this, and end up creating wage-slave business models when they work for themselves.)
- Create a rational transition plan that allows you to capitalise on your current circumstances and resources while making real progress towards your goal (most people don’t realise there are variety of options for how to transition, so it stays in the ‘dream’ category.)
Here’s the idea: Project Jupiter is the secret code-name for a new digital product I’m creating (working title, “Escape Velocity: The Transition Blueprint”). I’m planning to launch the digital product in 2020, and I'm looking for a small group of people to work with in the next few months to create successful case-studies. (I chose the name Project Jupiter because of the ‘gravitational pull’ of paid employment, and the ‘mysterious core’ you need to activate within yourself before you can start freeing yourself from it.)
I like to create things in a LIVE environment...even though it’s ultimately going to be a digital product, I find it's better to use real situations than theoretical ones.
And that’s where you come in… In Project Jupiter, I’m going to be working with a small number of enthusiastic people on a top-secret coaching programme, where I work closely with you on the 3 essential transformations you have to go through to navigate a successful transition to something more fulfilling and ‘on-purpose’. We’ll be working in an exclusive case-study group (48 people max), each of whom are currently in paid employment and who have a desire to make this transition a reality. We’ll be going from September through to November this year. I’m going to be working with you to teach you everything I know about the 3 fundamental keys to successfully navigating your transition and to guide you through these 3 transformations for yourself. Here’s some of what we’re going to be working on together…
TRANSFORMATION ONE - Grounding: Your personal transformation. Imagine we’re preparing your escape vehicle. The further you want it to go, the more fuel it’s going to need, and the more preparation it will require. The purpose of the first section of the programme is to help you develop your foundations: the key qualities and internal resources you’re going to need. While grounding is the foundation piece, it’s often the last place people look when it comes to transitioning. That’s because it’s largely invisible. But your grounding is what governs your ability to move forward in the face of uncertainty, and make a real difference in the world and in your life. Here are some of the things we’re going to be working on in the first section of the programme:
- You’re going to get a deeper understanding of the inside-out nature of life, and the principles behind clarity. This is essential so you can…
- Find your personal “bright spots”, the places where you have the greatest certainty and inspiration for moving forward. This shines a light so you can…
- Minimise self-doubt and maximise that kind of “quiet confidence” that feels so good and that people find so compelling. This is what all great leaders have, so…
- We’re also going to be waking up your inner source of leadership, purpose and direction, so you can take action and move forward without fear of failure or criticism (in my experience, this is the number 1 thing that holds people back from stepping up and taking things to the next level). You’ll also be developing a clear vision of your transition-target; the work and life you want to create.
- It’s time to dig deep into the whole area of money and abundance. Getting a deeper grounding around money is absolutely essential if you want to shift from an ‘employee/salary’ model to doing your own thing, becoming the master of your income and achieving financial peace.
- The other piece we’ll be diving into is the whole area of resilience, motivation and momentum. My inspiration is this: I want to see you building up momentum over the next few months so that by the time we get to the end of the programme, you’ll be living in a new world, and feeling great about continuing to build and grow.
- All the way through the programme, we’ll have Escape Velocity: The Career Transition Blueprint as our reference point for what we’re doing. This means everything you and I explore will be relevant to (and in support of) YOUR ability to transition to doing something truly fulfilling and ‘on-purpose’ for you.
TRANSFORMATION TWO - Impact: Your interpersonal transformation. As human beings, we have a more highly evolved capacity for connection and relationship than any other species on the planet. It’s not only a highly effective survival strategy; it’s also an extraordinary leverage point when it comes to navigating your transition. Whatever you’re going to be transitioning to, it’s going to involve other people. Your interpersonal transformation will help you develop the confidence and ability to have greater influence and impact on others, secure in the knowledge that you have something of genuine value and relevance to contribute. Here are the things we’re going to be working on in the second section of the programme:
- Authenticity, transparency and presence; people can feel these qualities. When you’re in touch with these, you unconsciously communicate trustworthiness, integrity and reliability. Whether you’re negotiating with a potential employer, or enrolling a potential client, these are essential qualities.
- Eliminating neediness. Neediness is like static on the radio when it comes to making a connection with people. Whether you’re going to be leading a tribe of people who are passionate about what you do, enrolling clients or pitching to potential investors, we’re going to be working on eliminating neediness for good.
- Keeping your bearings in choppy waters. We all have times when we don’t know what to do, or when life takes a turn we feel unprepared for. I’m going to work with you on how to keep your bearings in difficult situations, and how to recover quickly when you do lose them.
- You’re going to be discovering the kind of effortless relationship skills that are the essence of powerful communication, whether you’re giving a presentation, selling a prospect, managing an employee or connecting with your loved ones. You’re also going to discover the secrets to dealing with difficult people, and the unexpected keys for motivating others to make changes and take action.
- Ethical influence. You’ll also be learning the keys to influence. Whether you’re aiming to negotiate a liberating redundancy package, make a good impression during an interview or sign up your first client for a new venture, it’s essential that you know how to influence people with integrity.
- Connection: this is like the transformation superhighway, and it’s absolutely essential if you want to make profound changes. We’re also going to getting you more in touch with your inner source of wisdom and creativity. This is great, because it allows you to navigate your transition with “nothing on your mind”, secure in the knowledge that you’ll have what you need when you need it.
- Future-proofing your career. Researchers have identified the big three qualities that are most difficult to automate: Social intelligence, perceptiveness and creativity. You’re going to be developing these for yourself so you can always find ways to create value and ‘stay a step ahead of the robots’, today and twenty years from today.
- Inventory: You’re going to complete the second section of the programme with a clear-eyed inventory of the gifts and abilities you already have, and the areas you may need to develop. Just as importantly, you’ll have clarity on the things you *don’t* need to develop, either because you can ‘outsource’ them to other people, automate them with technology or (best of all) relegate them to the ‘no longer required’ file (also known as the dustbin!)
TRANSFORMATION THREE - Leverage / Livelihood: Your commercial transformation. Most of us have been trained for a world of jobs, employers and bosses. We’ve been conditioned to think that making a living is about punching a clock and getting a salary at the end of the month. Most people who decide to work for themselves end up back in employment after a year or two, and of the ones who don’t, most end up struggling to scrape a living. Your commercial transformation is about taking real control of your livelihood, and moving into a world of abundance through connection and service. Here are the things we’re going to be working on in this section of the programme:
- Ownership: Whether you’re working for someone else or working for yourself, it’s time for you to create a ‘business model’ that allows you to increase your wealth over the medium to long-term. This means taking ownership of your career and what you’re creating. This includes…
- Your personal brand: Your personal brand has never been more important (even if you’re working for someone else). What’s the first thing prospective employers, clients, colleagues and employees do when they’re considering working with you? They Google you! It’s time to take control over your personal brand so they see a ‘picture’ of you and your work that best represents you and what you do. This is essential so you can start building…
- Your tribe / your support network. Tribal leadership is essential, whether you’re building support within your existing organisation, creating a network of contacts for future work opportunities, or growing a tribe of loyal supporters who are passionate about you and what you do.
- Creating value and freedom: There’s a universal ‘value formula’ that’s used by everyone, whether they realize it or not. It’s used by companies who want to address new audiences and by church leaders who want to grow their congregations. Teachers use it to engage their students and teenagers use it to enlarge their social circles. You’re going to be introduced to the CLARITY Value Formula, the one thing you have to understand if you want to get paid for doing work that’s more fulfilling, ‘on-purpose’ and in tune with who you really are.
- What people really want: You’re also going to learn about the only things anyone ever pays for, and how to align what you do with what people are already looking for. (Some of my clients have used this strategy to negotiate a REDUCTION in working hours while keeping their salaries constant. This allowed them to free a day per week (and in one case, TWO days per week) to develop their new venture, while keeping their income constant! I’m going to show you exactly how they did it.
- Your creative process: (Also known as ‘the art of making things happen’.) You’re going to discover your innate ability to create something from nothing, the key to bringing things into being and making big steps forward (this is the approach I use for everything from writing books to building businesses, and I’m going to show you how you can use it).
- Leverage: You’re going to discover the counterintuitive keys that allow you to leverage your time, your energy and your money so you can escape the ‘selling your time’ trap that has so many people running on a hamster wheel. And finally…
- Your transition plan: For most people, transition stays as ‘just a dream’ because they don’t have a rational transition plan. You’re going to avoid that soul-sucking trap by developing a simple, practical transition plan that you can use to navigate the journey ahead, and get leverage along the way. My own transition took two and a half years, but by the time I started my first business in January 2001, I had everything I needed to make it a success. Your transition plan isn’t just a one-off that sits in a drawer; it’s a dynamic plan that’s going to guide you every step of the way through your transition.
Here’s the thing… A shift in any of these areas can mean a big jump forward for you in your transition, and my experience is that ONE of these is going to resonate with you and stand out as the BIG opportunity for you specifically... so we'll be able to spend more time on that one with you.
Here's my aim for Jupiter. My goal is that by the time you get to the end of it (it's a 3 month programme), you will have created everything you need to start your transition, with a rational plan for the process. Experience shows that while some people can transition very quickly, for most people the process takes a little longer, so… By the time you get to the end of your 12 weeks, you will…
- Feel hopeful, optimistic and inspired about the road ahead.
- Be deeply connected with a vibrant, supportive community of people who are sharing their momentum with you, and cheering you on.
- Have clarity about the big steps you need to take over the next couple of years, with a clear vision of the future you desire.
- Have a clear, step-by-step action plan of how to get from here to there, with a realistic assessment of what’s going to be required.
- Be more comfortable and relaxed in your current job, with less stress, more enjoyment and more energy for the things that matter.
- Develop a ‘sandboxing’ strategy that highlights the specific opportunities you already have to develop your future skill set (potentially even getting paid to do so!)
- Be steadily progressing towards your goal, making specific steps and moving forwards.
- Feel confidence and certainty about the direction you're heading in, and in yourself.
Over the next few months I'll be creating this class LIVE... and I only want to work with a group of people who can implement, test and report back on the results.
I want to use YOUR transition as one of the Case Studies to show how much impact working in this way can have. I'm ready to start in September, and I'm inviting YOU to join the next Case Study Team. Here's how it’s going to work...
1) I’ll send you out the Welcome Pack, with a set of questions to help YOU, me and my team to get clear on how far you already are through each of the 3 transformations, and to focus in on the biggest leverage points for you and me to work on (as well as any quick wins I can see for you). I’ll want you to get these back to me asap so I can do the next bit…
2) I’m going to send you specific audio recording(s) from my library of materials for you to listen to during August - I want you to be primed so we can hit the ground running. (Many of these recordings are not publicly available, but I’ll be making them available to you as long as you promise not to share them more widely.)
3) At 6pm UK-time on Wednesday 4th March, you me and the rest of the group will have our Welcome Call. This is a chance for us to connect, and for you to ask me questions. You may even get some laser coaching from me on this call!
4) You’re going to be having a group-coaching call every week for 12 weeks with me personally. I’ve been through two big transitions myself, and I’ve helped my clients to navigate countless others, so I know the ropes. You’ll be getting your chance to ask questions and get laser-coaching to help YOU solve problems, clear obstacles and take advantage of the opportunities that are going to be showing up. Now here’s the thing: with 48 people, not everyone is going to get 1:1 coaching every week. But everyone will get some 1:1 on these calls at some point during the 12 weeks, and the people who take the most action and try things out will get more (the most 1:1 attention will be for people who are taking the most action). And here’s the interesting thing: while you will certainly get benefit from being coached by me, I’ve been told that many of the biggest realisations come when YOU get the chance to be a “fly-on-the-wall” for these coaching sessions. That’s how you “pick up the pattern” and get hit with the biggest insights… You’re going to be able to listen in to each one of these sessions over and over again, and experience your own insights in the process.
5) As you may know, I love working with groups, so on 29th February - 1st March, 2020, I’m going to be getting together with YOU and the rest of the Case Study Team for the live Transformational Bootcamp. You can can attend virtually from wherever you happen to be on those dates, as we’ll be live-streaming the event (and the quality of experience our live-streaming team will create for you is second to none). During the workshop, we’ll be setting the foundations, deep and strong - not only for the 3 months ahead, but for your whole transition and beyond! You’re going to have insights and realisations that make a big difference to you during the bootcamp, and 20 years from now! This interactive workshop is exclusively for people who are taking part in either the 12-week Coaching Immersion or my flagship Clarity Certification Programme. This will also be a great chance for all of us to connect as a group and learn from each other / share ideas / have fun (I may even be getting the drinks in on one of the evenings for you and the rest of the group after we’re done!) Of course, you’ll be getting lifetime access to the recordings of this event to review whenever you wish.
6) Every week for 12 weeks, you’re going to get a 60-90 minute recording from me focusing in on a specific aspect of “Escape Velocity: The Transition Blueprint”. While it’s going to be broadly organised around the 3 Transformations I mentioned above, the cool thing is that it’s kind of “fractal”; each of the sections relates to and influences all of the other elements. For example, if your major challenge area is “building your personal brand”, you’re going to find that the 3 transformations ALL have an impact on this. This means that wherever your biggest sticking points and opportunities are, every section of the programme is going to be relevant to YOU.
7) There will also be a private Facebook group where you can connect with everyone on the programme (including me), get answers to your questions and share your successes. This group, as well as all the audio and video recordings, will form a powerful learning base you can refer back to again and again in the months to come. In fact, one of the things you’re going to find is that things which may seem “theoretical” when you listen to them in the first month of the programme are going to look profoundly practical to you when you listen to them a month later, once YOU’VE tried them out and experimented with them.
8) From time to time, I’ll be interviewing my friends, colleagues and clients and sharing those interviews with you. These are people who have already been through the transformations you’re going through and who personally know the challenges you face and the aspirations you hold dear. While some of these people will be well-established, having successfully completed their transitions years or even decades ago, some of them will also be people who have been through this transition very recently (including people just like YOU who were working at full-time jobs a year or two ago). The things you learn from both these groups will be invaluable.
Once again, I want you to be taking action and reporting back your results. We're going to be working closely together, so I'd like you to be sure you have some decent time to dedicate to this over the next few months. I’m committed to supporting you in this, so I want you to play full out and give it all you’ve got, and I’m going to do the same.
The total cost is £1,785 + VAT (3 payments of £565 + VAT) or a pay-in-full price of £1,695 + VAT…
For right now, I just need to know if you can join us and I'll get you all the details.
I'd love to work with you! Just hit the 'Register Now' button below and we'll take it from there.
PS Here are the milestone dates again…
The Transformational Bootcamp - Sat & Sun, February 29 - March 1, 2020
Welcome Call (via Zoom) - Wednesday 4th March 2020 - 6pm UK-time, then…
Weekly Coaching Calls (via Zoom) - Wednesdays at 6pm UK-time for next 12 weeks.
(or Via Video playback if you can’t make the date)
PPS Like you may have heard me say before, we do our best not to allow money to be an obstacle for our clients; if you’re committed to doing the programme, we’re committed to finding a way for it to be financially viable for you. If you want to join me, I'd love to work with you! Just hit the 'Register Now' button below.