1. A quote I’m resonating with this week
I’m creating something this week all about the creative process, and I was reminded of this quote by the dancer and choreographer, Martha Graham:
“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.”
2. An in-depth ‘directors commentary’ on a coaching session
I’ve decided to do a scene by scene video analysis of the 1:1 coaching session I released earlier this year with 7-figure coach Pam Featherstone (under the title, “How To Conduct a Great 1-to-1 Coaching Session (Weight Loss)”).
Why? My goal is for you to get an understanding of: 1. The format and flow of a high-impact coaching session and 2. The keys to consistently delivering 1 to 1 sessions that create real results for your clients.
You can read more about it and watch the video here: https://www.jamiesmart.com/live-example-how-to-conduct-a-great-1-to-1-coaching-session/
3. This week’s glimpse of the future
Something very interesting is happening. Last week, mega-preneur Elon Musk was featured on the Joe Rogan podcast. Musk is an incredible visionary and action-taker, with a unique view of the future, so the interview is well worth watching and listening to for that alone. But there’s something else interesting happening. At a time where many people’s attention is being narrowed to 10-second snapchat shots and 15-second TV news soundbites, more and more people are being drawn to long-form conversations via podcasts. Musk’s interview with Rogan is a fascinating 2 hours and 37 minutes, and has already had 11 million views in just 7 days. The times, they are a-changing! You can watch the whole interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPr5-27vSI
4. An interview I loved doing
This week’s episode is a re-release of one of the interviews I did to coincide with the release of my book RESULTS. The interview is with Ian Selby – a company director who did a 3 day 1-to-1 coaching intensive with me (and later joined me on Clarity Coach Training). The reason that Ian was featured in my book was because our 1 to 1 intensive gave rise to what I call the Clarity Equation; a simple formula for understanding how the principles behind Clarity play out in every aspect of your life.
Clarity = Capacity – Contamination
You can listen to the interview here: https://www.jamiesmart.com/get-clarity-podcast-ep11-a-clear-mind-produces-results/
5. This week’s 3 minute miracle
I was in a restaurant with a couple of buddies when I heard this last week. As you may or may not know, I LOVE a horn section. The singing on this track is soulfully melancholic, but when the horn section cracks it open at about 1:50, it’s like the sun comes out. Here’s Sanctify by St Paul and the Broken Bones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XqQsKxiKT0
That’s it for this week!
Jamie Smart, Sunday Times Bestselling Author, Speaker and Executive Coach
PLUS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 8 ways I can help you get the clarity and results that matter to you:
1. Listen to the ‘Get Clarity’ Podcast www.jamiesmart.com/claritynow/
2. Hire me to speak at your event: www.jamiesmart.com/book-jamie-to-speak-about/
If you’re a coach or interested in becoming one…
4. Listen to The Thriving Coaches Podcast
5. Take part in the Thriving Coaches Blueprint. our 90 day, rapid-implementation programme to help you get more clients and grow your coaching or therapy practice (doors now open!)
6. Learn more about the Certified Clarity Coach Training Programme, our 10-month deep-immersion into the principles behind clarity – the doors are now open! The programme starts this month (September 2018) and won’t run again until 2020 at the earliest.
If you’re looking to change job, career or move from FTE to something more fulfilling…
7. Join the Transition Launchpad Facebook group
8. Learn more about Escape Velocity: The Transition Blueprint our 90 day programme to help you transition into doing fulfilling work.