1. A quote I’m resonating with this week
On last weekend’s Clarity Coach Training, we were listening to a Syd Banks recording which really touched me. I spoke about it with the group the next day and (as you’ll see shortly) it became the jumping off point for a very special experience the next day. Here’s the thing Syd Banks said that really struck me:
“Everybody in the world creates a habit from birth… it creates a behavioural pattern… it creates a frame of reference… a frame of reference, which is in your head, because your head… your brain… which is just simply, a little computer, to hold all this information, from birth to wherever you are now, and that’s all you know…
Because you’re seeing… what I am calling the first frame of reference… that is you, as you are now, with all your… your hangups, all your problems, all your insecurity… all your behavioural patterns that you don’t even know that you have… all your troubles… that’s you…
But there’s a second frame of reference… and the second frame of reference is beyond… what your mind has computed now… it’s a… it’s something… which you have known all your life, from birth…
It’s called, very simply, it’s called wisdom…”
2. Stopping the world: beyond beliefs, concepts and ideas…
I’ve just released the audio and video of something very cool that happened last weekend.
The world stopped.
We were 30 minutes into the Sunday morning session on Clarity Coach Training, and I was referring to the quote above that we’d heard on a Syd Banks recording the night before.
As I shared what this meant to me, the world stopped, and we all filled up with silence (you’ll hear and feel this when you listen to the recording).
One of the students came up to me afterwards and said how touched he’d been by this experience.
So was I.
If you want to watch / listen to this, you can get access here (it’s around six minutes long)
3. This week’s glimpse of the future
While there’s no doubt that social media use is one of the factors that is having an influence on the levels of wellbeing that many people experience, here’s a way it might help. The massive amounts of data that Facebook are able to gather means they can become an early-warning-system for spotting mental health issues. Of course, this raises as many questions and issues as it answers, but it’s an interesting possibility:
4. One of my favourite metaphors
This week’s JST article was a re-run of an article I wrote a year or two ago, featuring one of my favourite metaphors, ‘The Nightclub’. It’s called ‘Tolerating Good Feelings’ and it was one of my most viral posts ever when I first wrote it. You can see if the metaphor resonates with you here – enjoy!
5. This week’s 3 minute miracle
Mazzy Star’s song, Fade Into You features the smokily sumptuous vocals of Hope Sandoval. Utterly gorgeous.
That’s it for this week!
Jamie Smart, Sunday Times Bestselling Author, Speaker and Executive Coach
PLUS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 8 ways I can help you get the clarity and results that matter to you:
1. Listen to the ‘Get Clarity’ Podcast www.jamiesmart.com/claritynow/
2. Hire me to speak at your event: www.jamiesmart.com/book-jamie-to-speak-about/
If you’re a coach or interested in becoming one…
4. Listen to The Thriving Coaches Podcast
5. Take part in the Thriving Coaches Blueprint. our 90 day, rapid-implementation programme to help you get more clients and grow your coaching or therapy practice (doors now open!)
6. Learn more about the Certified Clarity Coach Training Programme, our 10-month deep-immersion into the principles behind clarity.
If you’re looking to change job, career or move from FTE to something more fulfilling…
7. Join the Transition Launchpad Facebook group
8. Learn more about Escape Velocity: The Transition Blueprint our 90-day programme to help you transition into doing fulfilling work.