Almost everyone who gets impacted by the principles behind clarity asks some flavour of the question, “Why doesn’t everybody know this?” This is often followed by a deep desire to “get this out there”; to share what they’ve realised with people they care about (an endeavour that sometimes proves more challenging than expected). In this article we’re going to look at the essence of sharing this understanding with another person (or group of people).
Let’s start with a brief excerpt from my 2016 book RESULTS (© Jamie Smart 2016, published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
Ankush Jain (one of my apprentices) was due to be observing during a three-day coaching intensive with a new client, and he wanted to know my plans for the session. The intensive is an in-depth, one-to-one experience designed to significantly increase the client’s embodied understanding of life and establish a new ‘platform’ for living. We’d already had two phone calls with Ani (the client) to get clear on what a successful outcome would be from his perspective, so I reminded Ankush of this. ‘I know’, he said, ‘But you’re going to be working with Ani for three days! What are you going to do with him? What plans have you made?’ I explained that my plan involved three elements…
1. Calibration: to get in tune with the client, find out where they’re at and ‘get’ their world;
2. Connection: to find your way into a feeling of connection with them (and vice versa); and
3. Education: to allow yourself to be guided by wisdom and insight about how to share the principles behind clarity with them.
I told him that my primary goal with a client is to create a space where they can have an increase in their clarity of understanding; a jump in consciousness that will give them what they need in order to solve their problems and create the results that matter to them. I explained, ‘In any domain, your embodied understanding of how life already works is going to make the difference between freedom and frustration, between struggle and success’. I told him…
Your embodied understanding of the mind is the ultimate leverage point for creating meaningful results, and living a life you love.
So how does this help *you* share the principles with the people who you care about? Here’s how:
The word ‘education’ comes from the Latin word, ‘educare’ meaning “to lead out from within”. This is one of the key distinctions when it comes to sharing this understanding:
The thing that’s going to make a difference to a person is an insight or realisation that arises from the consciousness within them.
Your job is to help make that as easy as possible. So how do you do that?
By taking the lead (remember, “to lead out from within”). And how do you do that?
You lead with the power of your own example. You share what you’re seeing for yourself in the moment, as you rely on that same consciousness within you as you share from a place of connection, clarity and insight (this is why the feeling of connection is such a reliable ‘condition’ when pointing people in this direction.)
And what’s your most valuable resource when it comes to sharing this understanding with another person?
Your certainty about who and what they really are, and their innate capacity for realisation, resilience and wellbeing.
This is the essence of sharing the principles behind clarity. And the more you see that for yourself, the more you’ll be able to rely on it in others.
This is what I’m relying on when I share this understanding with individuals and groups. This is what I’m relying on as I’m sharing it with you. And this is what you can rely on when you share it with others.
To your increasing clarity!
Sunday Times Bestselling Author, Speaker and Executive Coach
PLUS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 8 ways I can help you get the clarity and results that matter to you:
1. Listen to the ‘Get Clarity’ Podcast www.jamiesmart.com/claritynow/
2. Hire me to speak at your event: www.jamiesmart.com/book-jamie-to-speak-about/
If you’re a coach or interested in becoming one…
3. Join The Thriving Coaches Facebook group
4. Listen to The Thriving Coaches Podcast
5. Take part in the Thriving Coaches Blueprint. our 90 day, rapid-implementation programme to help you get more clients and grow your coaching or therapy practice (next registration early 2019!)
6. Learn more about the Certified Clarity Coach Training Programme, our 10-month deep-immersion into the principles behind clarity (next intake is in 2020.)
If you’re looking to change job, career or move from FTE to something more fulfilling…
7. Join the Transition Launchpad Facebook group
8. Learn more about Escape Velocity: The Transition Blueprint our 90-day programme to help you transition into doing fulfilling work.