1. A quote I’m resonating with this week
This week saw 8 years since the death of the magnificent Christopher Hitchens. He was a passionate defender of free speech; a voice we need now more than ever. This week’s quote is from one of his influences, John Stuart Mill:
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
2. Your true identity with Jan and Chip Chipman
In this week’s episode of the get clarity podcast, you’re going to hear a conversation I had with two of my dearest friends, colleagues and mentors, Jan and Chip Chipman. These are people who’ve had a profound impact on my work and in my life, so I’m really excited to share them with you. As I’ve mentioned before, my team and I believe the most valuable thing a person can discover is how their mind works, so they can remember who they really are. And Jan and Chip have been pivotal in waking me up to MY true identity, and helping me to do the same for others. This episode is a conversation we had last year as we gave people a taste of what we’re most passionate about sharing with our clients, so it’s going to be one you can listen to again and again.
3. This week’s glimpse of the future
I’m really excited to tell you about the BetLev and Uplift Foundation’s annual report. Why? Because over the summer, they partnered with the Clarity Foundation to create the Resolving the Roots of Youth Violence event, where Clarity Coaches Dorothy Kolomeisky, Robin Lockhart and I were joined by youth workers around the world to share a principles-based approach to supporting some of our most vulnerable young people. Our amazing support team included Stuart Newberry and Clarity Coach Liz Scott, who are both an inspiration and a massive support in this work.
In fact, Liz Scott was also part of the driving force behind the Resilient Young Minds conference which was also supported by the aforementioned foundations (the BetLev foundation provided a grant which enabled the conference to be live-streamed around the world).
I’m really delighted to be involved with this kind of work, and am grateful for the invaluable input from so many incredible people. You can look through the annual report here (it’s a quick read and a real eye-opener!)
4. Clarity Coach Training 2020
We’ve now set dates for the next Certified Clarity Coach Training Programme, our 10-month deep-immersion into the principles behind clarity (Next programme starts, January 2020). If you already think it might be a good fit for you, it’s worth knowing that you can book your place at the 2018 price before it goes up after Jan 31, 2019. This is going to be a wild ride!
5. This week’s 3 minute miracle
You may have heard me mention previously that Talking Heads’ “Stop Making Sense” concert was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to. Here’s another of the brilliant songs they played that night, This Must Be The Place. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9gK2fOq4MY
That’s it for this week!
Jamie Smart, Sunday Times Bestselling Author, Speaker and Executive Coach
PLUS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 8 ways I can help you get the clarity and results that matter to you:
1. Listen to the ‘Get Clarity’ Podcast www.jamiesmart.com/claritynow/
2. Hire me to speak at your event: www.jamiesmart.com/book-jamie-to-speak-about/
If you’re a coach or interested in becoming one…
4. Listen to The Thriving Coaches Podcast
5. Take part in the Thriving Coaches Blueprint. our 90 day, rapid-implementation programme to help you get more clients and grow your coaching or therapy practice (next registration early 2019!)
6. Learn more about the Certified Clarity Coach Training Programme, our 10-month deep-immersion into the principles behind clarity (pre-booking for January 2020 now open). Book your place before Jan 31st to get it at the 2018 price!
If you’re looking to change job, career or move from FTE to something more fulfilling…
7. Join the Transition Launchpad Facebook group
8. Learn more about Escape Velocity: The Transition Blueprint our 90-day programme to help you transition into doing fulfilling work.