I’m working on the second edition of CLARITY (I’ve got until December 31st to deliver it & I’ve just finished the Introduction).
Here’s what I told my publisher, Wiley…
My understanding of the central work of CLARITY has continued to evolve since I wrote it. I imagine the second edition would include:
– A gentle re-write of quite a few elements in the book to bring it up to date with my understanding & latest insights.
– Replacing some of the ‘current event’ material that may have dated and replacing it with something more timeless
– Including new case studies, as well as check-ins on case studies that were current 9 years ago (a kind of ‘where are they now’ for each of those)
– New diagrams and formulae to make it easier for the reader to grasp the concepts and ideas
– References to peer-reviewed articles providing evidence-based for some of the material in CLARITY
– I’m also thinking about a chapter with a list of the most common issues people struggle with (eg. Depression, anxiety, alcoholism, relationship issues etc) and a set of pointers for dealing with them plus a case study
When I told Wiley that, they sent over a contract and we did the deal. And I’m wondering…
Q: Does this sound like something you’d be interested in?
Whether it does or doesn’t, pop over to the post on my Facebook wall and let me know your perspective. I look forward to seeing what you think.
This Week’s Facebook Live:
“How do the 3Ps Relate to ICF Certification?”
In this brief (20m) session, we look at…
- What the ICF core competencies are
- How they relate to/align with the principles behind clarity
- Why ICF accreditation is/isn’t important
>> Click HERE to watch “How do the 3Ps Relate to ICF Certification?”
A new podcast episode:
Freedom, Authoritarianism & True Identity – A conversation with Garret Kramer
Q: Do you want to hear one of my more controversial conversations?
Earlier this month, I recorded a conversation with one of my closest friends, Garret Kramer.
It was a great session, and we covered topics including true identity, the 3 principles, groupthink, the power of ridicule, authoritarianism, how to make decisions & lots more.
And why ‘controversial’?
Well here’s the funny thing; if we were to have recorded this conversation a few years ago, *nothing* we said would have been controversial.
Challenging, yes. Counterintuitive, maybe. But controversial? No.
But there’s that thing VI Lenin said…
“There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen.”
It’s been a happening couple of years; years that have seen Garret thrown off Facebook (he’s back now), and many content-creators’ YouTube channels taken down for even mentioning certain topics (unsurprisingly, I decided NOT to load this conversation to YouTube ).
We covered many of the questions that were submitted last month, and we’ll almost certainly do a follow-up session in the new year.
In the meantime…
Q: Do you want to hear my conversation with Garret Kramer?
>>> Click HERE to liste to it now
Mental Wealth Mastery
Finally, I’m delighted to let you know about an event that’s starting today – Mental Wealth Mastery – and being run by Drs Rani Bora and Suraj Gogoi, both holistic psychiatrists and mental health coaches.
The opening event of the summit is today, Friday, 19 Nov at 5 pm UK time (9am pt, noon et). There is a special screening of ‘Medicating Normal’, an award-winning documentary about how psychiatric medicines can result in grave harm if not prescribed judiciously.
I’m one of the speakers at the summit, and it’s going to be looking at 3 key areas:
- The problem issue of psychiatric meds over-prescription (antidepressants in particular), the potential for serious adverse and withdrawal effects and the importance of informed consent.
- The principles of Innate Health and Resilience and that a true solution for mental distress and suffering can be found in that understanding.
- Help professionals identify some of the root health causes of their client’s symptoms by learning about the principles of functional medicine and help make lasting changes to their lifestyle.
Whether you are a coach, therapist, counsellor, healthcare professional or someone who is keen to learn more, there’ll be something in this summit for you.
Click below for more details AND to register for the summit.
>>> Click HERE to Resgiter for the Mental Wealth Mastery
Jamie Smart, Sunday Times Bestselling Author, Speaker & Coach
PS One more thing… the doors are open for Clarity Certification Training 2022 (CCT). CCT is our flagship seven-month programme for people who want to bring an understanding of the principles behind clarity into their life and their work.
If you want to share this understanding with others in some way (for example to become a successful coach, therapist or trainer) and want to learn how to do this in a way that’s natural, authentic and impactful then this is the ideal opportunity to join CCT.
PPS A few things worth knowing…
- Clarity Certification Training (CCT) is our flagship seven-month programme for people who want to bring an understanding of the principles behind clarity into their life and their work.
- I will be delivering all 7 modules on CCT, so you’re going to be working closely with me personally. This means you’ll have the chance to get 1:1 coaching with me in a group context.
- We’re limiting the number of places on the programme to 36 people. This year’s programme sold out, so we’re expecting CCT 2022 to be fully booked too (the first 21 places are already gone, so there are 15 left as I write. This programme will sell out).
- When you join now, you’re going to get instant access to the full recordings of a prior year’s programme to start listening to between today and the formal kickoff in January. So everybody’s going to be starting the programme with an even deeper understanding!
- CCT is accredited by the ICF as a Continuous Coaching Education (CCE) provider. If you’re already certified as an ICF coach, you’ll earn ICF CCE units when you do CCT. If you’re not already a certified ICF coach, you can take part in CCT with full confidence that the programme is fully accredited by the ICF as a Continuous Coaching Education provider.
- You can join from the comfort of your own home using our state-of-the-art live-streaming facility, and…
- You can save up to £2,000 when you book your place by midnight Pacific time on 29th November 2021.
>>> You can get the full programme details and register here
And if you have any questions, you can schedule a call with Deb on my team. Deb was one of the first graduates of Clarity Certification Training (she didn’t join our company until after the training had finished) so she’s got in-depth personal experience of the programme.
Whatever questions you may have – from payment plans to personal matters – Deb will be happy to discuss them with you in complete confidentiality. Just book a call in her diary here.